Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Reformation of Justine (C)

Master James rationally closed both doors and strutted rather like a lion across the room and sat in his chair. Beside him was a lamp table and another similarly adorned feminine chair. On the other side, was arranged a couch set and end tables with lamps. Directly across that was the wall , lined with a large screen television, and ornate window cut into the wall , looking into the kitchen and framing the window where large twin bookshelves, stocked with many old books, separated also by a dashboard style stereo cabinet.

Just off of the left side of the interior window was a large archway entrance int o the dinning room/kitchen area. Behind the table, catty cornering each other are two doors. One leading out into the back yard and to a small building. The other door was dark and closed.

When you follow your eyes along the wall you'll notice a hallway just off the dining room door frame where i was kneeling as he skimmed over my file reflectively. And he made entries......

" Justine i will play no games with you. The fact that you are form earth means nothing to me. Your bodies may be frailer than ours but evidence has long proven that your minds are of the same intelligence and you can very well comprehend the way things are. Am I mistaken young lady?" He snapped his fingers again and then calmly motioned for me to stand up and sit on the couch.

My head was spinning, half his words spinning me into verbal confusion. I instinctively clasped my hands together as if i was praying. Eyes nervously darting from place to place....
" Um .... Yes... Sir?" I moused, to which he smiled and laughed.
" Good answer, Justine... " and set the folder aside. " My name is Master James McCullen and i will be the answer to your every question for the next 18 months. So please, come in and sit... relax.... take your shoes off. " He smirked to himself.
I composed myself somewhat and perch with my hands on my lap and my bum on the edge of the seat. James returned to his reading of the folder. My knees bounced up and down.

Then he closed the thin folder again and stuffed it on top of some books on the shelf.
" I will not look at that file again until i release you."
" But wont you have to write reports?" I say.
" Sir, or even Master or any such term of respectful endearment grace the lips before a slaves speech fouls the dinner." He paused and looked in to me sharply. " it is a quote from and old fashioned reformation manual. " His hands wiped dust form the binding of the book he referenced. " I may have a mind to make you read it, Justine. if you cannot find your respect and make proper adjustments. Do you understand?"

" Yes Sir." My voice cracked dryly, swollen with tears. He turned form the bookshelf and produced a handkerchief, pauses again as i burst violently into emotion. I took it form him, he returned to his chair.
" Would you like to speak, Justine?"
" I dont know, Sir. I am confused and scared. Will i ever see Diana again, sir? You kehshathrians are so strange to me. i dont know if... if " and i broke down into tears and babble. James put his hand softly on my shoulder.

" I am sorry that your experience here has been less than fulfilling. you must have come with brilliant hopes. But found instead a hard strict reality. But this is temporary, Justine. Formality really. You must first conform then gain liberties. And I shall give you plenty of opportunities to conform and gain liberties. These Liberties will lead you toward freedom as one of us. This notion should not seem so foreign to you , miss juvenile delinquent remanded to a detention hall 6 months at the Springfield youth correction facility. While they Carried no whips they made you obey and learn self control.... Or did they, Justine?" He paused.

My sniveling suddenly became writhing my fingers. "I dont understand sir."

" I perceive that it has been your habit to examine authority for weakness and ways to continue to do as you please and you have never been taught discipline."

" You think you know everything, dont you!" I huff.
" What really matters at this point, Justine, is your tone. And lack of respect for my authority even if not yet for me personally. And i will remand you physically the next time theses are forgotten." He spoke sternly.


" What..." I paused. " Sir, what has that got to do with not writing in that file!?"

*he chuckled softly*

" I can see that we are going to have communication problems. It is no longer your privilege to advance any topic upon me. is the clear Justine?"

what a hard-ass bastard i think
"Yes Sir." I said, adding a slight twitch of my nose.

James smiled, satisfied with his intimidation and snapped to his feet, motioning me to stand as well. Then he proceeded to show me thru his house. When he was finished he encrypticly said.




Learn, grow, play, pray, work.
Class, living, private, outside, kitchen



(the end chapter one)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you Reader, thou art promoted to commentor. let's conversate.