Saturday, July 17, 2010

Keshathra Part 1, Chapter Six

****Jerry****

Tonight I retired early, my mind was exhausted and my dreams, as they have been for the past three days, belonged to Spirit of the house. He told me of his love for Carol. He let me see her as he did. Now as I doze again to dream......

On the first day of Political Civics class, after the constitutions where handed out, I stood up with a commanding aire. Some students nervously straightened, some didn't , one shouldn't have. My mind habitually scanning each child for questions while I had them take turns reading it out loud. When they heard a piece and someone had a question, we turned to group discussion. I asked their opinion and whether or not it seems congruent with what they have already heard. Over time I was working them to truly dissect and discern law for themselves.

Some where bright, some self-serving, some with megalomania, one was remarkable.

Our class had been studying over the law making process when the reading went to Mis Lanel Anderson she was startled from an intense thought. Her eyes had passion and debate, she then looked guilty when she realised she did not want to read out loud and the suddenly stood up although embarrassed by her actions she was subduing her passion. She glanced around the room, avoiding me for a moment before locking eyes with me.

" Professor Gregg, I would rather just comment on this selection because I very much disagree with it's premise." She announced and the classes dull murmur intensified. I took my desk and invited her to please continue, and with a natural unstyled country drawl she began."First Off, why should voting rites be a free-bee for natural born citizens? The people who built this country earned their right to vote with their blood sweat and tears, they cared to and worked to , and intended to preserve that liberty of voting for themselves and also for us but if anyone who happens to be enjoy being born here gets that privilege without question of their patriotism and agendas while at the same time our government forces slaves and immigrants to struggle for the right to claim those privileges, is it not hypocrisy, and is it not a slippery way to allow corruption? Why shouldn't everyone have to pass a civics class as mandatory before they can have the right to vote instead of this class being a history elective, make it mandatory to pass before graduation?"

"Lanel continued, walking thru the isles, making eye contact as she preached at the room. I had never seen a more passionate run on sentence before. I made a notation in my grade book to encourage her to study speech and debate and take diction and or elocution training. She flamboyantly went on after she annexed the front of my class room.

"And here's anutter thang too...The government has the final say in our law making process but it's the people who pushed against or requested the law. Well when some laws don't work out right we are stuck with it until enough people petition to change it, shouldn't they be allowed to have a test period?
Then maybe after a test period of six months or a year, the law is put to public vote? I mean isn't that the idea of freedom? People or government suggest a law, government irons out the details, representatives vote on and enforces the law over the public. Now here's fairness, the people try the law for period and then the people vote to Keep, alter, or veto it.
We are a country, it is like a family only we stand when we are communicating and guiding each other with fairness."

I do believe the young lady swooned. Her passion left the room in silence. She just destroyed our patriarchal system and made them all wonder why they didn't have a say in government matters. Instead of preaching what government ought to do, she demanded why aren't we making government do it?
I perceived royalty coursing through her, mixed with great painful shame.

" She recovered herself and shyly turned making a polite curtsy as if to apologise for taking up the class time as well as for having a personal opinion
and started to slink to her chair. " Lady Anderson." I jeered playfully, the class giggled, she froze, then obediently turned to listen flushed with embarrassment. Her companion viciously observing me. " Your view is absolutely correct." Lanel actually flinched and nearly cried."Thank you , Sir." She moused still aiming for retreat.
"No, you should be able to be thanked, when you do well Lanel and also proud. Proud enough to know your view solid and proud enough to deliver it with correct passion. But more than that, proud enough to empower yourself, and in your right to believe in your vision.
" If you don't, Lanel, the people will never hear you fully and certainly never remember you next year when they could have learned much from you." The color drained form her face and she quickly recovered her young poise.
"I shall be excused for the rest of class." And with great regality she quietly left.
Within the moment my head was seized with telepathic force, and very clearly, very anonymously very powerfully ached these words.
"You ! Son of a bitch, how dare you embarrass her like that."

And then there was a lonely dark house and the buzzing of my alarm clock. Time for Jerry to rouse the troops for.... oh what is today balance on your hands practice?

****Carol****

I didn't work on Saturdays, yesterday was our cook out, and i just know my reformees always look forward to my Saturdays. No I am incorrect it is the Mondays they love best, and with good reason for I listen, examine and motivate them. There tend to be alot of incidents and joys on Saturdays.

Diana woke in a very stubborn obnoxious anger today, George is at his wits end and wants to act out again, and Jerry tries to preguess me. I hope he tires of that soon because if he doesn't I will be forced to put him in check before he interferes with my training of the others.

'Is there any reason why you are not simply paroling him?' My thoughts taunt playfully. ' ah' they continue ' you think maybe there is some use for his angle.. what , he can serve as a role model, is it?'
"Hush now. Peter. I am not about to be inappropriate with the child, I need to keep an eye on him as his mental powers are about to increased just because of your having contacted him. What is it you see that you would tease me about my motives?" I retort toward my bedroom ceiling, the darkness gives a laugh, and replies that it sees a man after his own heart.

And now it was dawn and I prepare to encounter the day the kids have set up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you Reader, thou art promoted to commentor. let's conversate.