Sunday, July 18, 2010

Keshathra Part 1, Chapter Seven

*****Diana****

When I got into the kitchen Madam Carol was already there, and had most of the breakfast cooking. I knelt hastily with a roll of my eyes. "What did I mess up this time, Madam?" She set the mixing bowl down, saying the only thing I have done incorrectly is expect myself to fail. "Madam, I don't believe that it is my methods that keep getting me in trouble." Handing me coffee and inviting me to sit at the table while she talked and finished cooking.

"Diana, it is not because of your errors that you have been punished lately, but because of your lack of adaption, and all ways being in a stressed perfectionist state of mind that causes you to lash out every time I point out mistakes, or make corrections to you. I thought you understood that?"

"I knew it was about my attitude Madam, but I figured if I didn't make the mistakes you wouldn't have anything to say to me."

"Oh , that is impossible, Diana, I can find flaws even in my own workmanship. I don't come in here to pick on you, but to see if you have learned to deal with your disorganised thinking. What good is my reformation if all you managed to get out of your stay here is how to make fewer mistakes and getting snotty about it?"

"Maybe I am being snotty because I am sick and tired of being whipped and don't even think of spanked... perhaps Madam could change her favorite thing so I would not be as stressed out over failure?" I spoke with conviction. She smiled casually and pulled out the biscuits. Telling me that she had been considering more suitable discipline for me since yesterday and decided that I would take up knitting.
By then the boys where shuffle-kneel-shuffling in robotically serving coffee and setting the kitchen dinning table as Madam Carol began to pull the food off the stove. And that was the beginning of Saturday.

****George****

Ah Saturdays, the reformer's preachin day. Day you can say whatever you feel like saying day you might just get trapped into her warped way of thinking. I have never met a reformer that will explain the reason behind every move, what ever the question, if you are so daring to ask it...but there is a darkside.

I was the owner of the darkside today. Jerry had the quizzical twist on his face and he said to the reformer in the living room. "I don't get you Mistress. There are different rules for each of us."
"No, there are different situations for each of you, still only three rules. My reformation is biased on individual refinements." She answered.
"Naturally but to whose end? What interest do you serve? Do you want to mold us into what you think the right framework is?"
"My framework is set for myself. My job is to teach each of you to respect freedom, and be your own guides."

" Huh! be our own guides? I was doing fine until they kept me in the farkin system." I spewed.
"George, did it ever occur to you that the state kept you in the system because you weren"t reformed?"
"You have my File, MasterMadamMistressorMaam, you can read the comments yourself."
"What I read were the all too perfect vision of reformation. What i saw was that you mistake devotion to love as freedom in law. Oh yes, I know you hate me George, but i will only tell you the truth." My eyes burned against her, and then i was suddenly very calm. "The State did not say that, they don't care about who I am but that i don't pose a threat to others. I wouldn't want you, MasterMadamMistreessorMaam, to confuse spiritual virtues with State Regulated Prison Reform." The reformers irises flexed." We shall see, won't we? DO you not think a psychologist and counselor as well as the parole board scrutinized your forgeries and compared them to Mistress Samantha's over all records? Could you have been so pristinely through during your smittenhood to have been consistent and reasonable with Her personality and bear to keep out your rebellious bragging?" My throat hardened and I went to my room for the rest of the day.


***Jerry***

I didn't know what to say after George left. Diana and Mistress Carol started to figure out the knitting and I watched TV.

Every now and again going out to my car to smoke. I am angry about what Ms.C said to Him. She hit him where he lives, and there'll be the devil to pay. A little while later and I heard a commotion in the house, running in and having to kneel immediately because MsCarol had ahold of George by the ear and his arm twisted up behind him, forcing him downstairs with her. Diana was watching stunned form the couch with her yarn hanging through her fingers.

After they had disappeared in to the silence down stairs, she explained that George knocked something down in his room and was yelling, Carol had looked to the ceiling and in a normal voice told him to come down stairs. She didn't think George would be able to hear her but when he screamed out "you want me come and get me, bitch."

I pulled at my hair in my worry for George. I knew this was gonna happen, Diana sat next to me. "What's the matter? She's only gonna whip him again. You didn't freak out like this before."
"She's not gonna whip him Diana, she's going to break him. He pushes all his reformers to try. "
"Break him? Make him obey, change his spirit?"
"More or less. It is a ritual, a battle of wills, the dominant overcomes the rebellion. These things can take days, minutes, pain or no pain. Interrogation, Torture, what ever it takes to get the Reformee to take a cold hard look at his life and and understand himself, and respect the Reformer."
"Do they always end in respect? what if the person just doesn't break?"
"I don't know Diana, George is the only one I ever met who might be unbreakable."
"George? Is he insane? Criminal?" she asked with wide eyes.
"George does mean well, he just got himself twisted after life disappointed him."
"How?"
"First his little thrills when he got over on someone, when he could control or manipulate a situation. This turned into more challenging tricks, such as the auto theft. Then after MsSam, he had no respect for the law at all. " I stared into blank air. Diana worried herself back into her knitting. When I tired of staring i tried to watch tv, but all the dialogue seemed to tell me what was going on down stairs , so i shut it off went to bed and waited for George to be sent back to his room three hours later.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you Reader, thou art promoted to commentor. let's conversate.