Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kehshathria Chapter Twenty-Six

Kehshathria Chapter Twenty-Six




                                        ***Jerry***


                               Monday, MsCarol left extremely early, before wake up even. I found her chore list on the kitchen table, as we shuffled in.  "Alrighty kids,  looks like I have to polish everything again, only I have to leave one flaw in everything I do today.  Whats more is, I am to make sure each of you leave a flaw in your work too." I laughed over my coffee, and toast. 'That will be easy enough' George said seeking a permanent marker while Diana's eyes hardened with defiant incredulousness. " No George." I responded." Leave a Flaw, work around that one flaw." To which his eyes brightened. 
                            " She can't mean in 'everything' we do?  That can be unsanitary, or well how to you flaw something without messing it up, like with cooking? Maybe it means counters, floors and what not.?" Diana offered.   George sipped his coffee slowly, while I stared out the  sun washed  window. Mentally echoing the words 'flawless'.... 'that is impossible as you  know' ....'dipshit ran in front of the car'.... I began to observe George anew... this time I pondered 'how long since I have been that dipshit?'
                          "She told me once that she could find flaws in her own work. Talk about hypercritical." Diana whines.
                          " If that's the case, " George offered " then the answer is, let's just do our work the normal way. And we all hummed apprehensively.  See, with Mistress's work-meditations there were penalties for misinterpretation. Hence the coolness in out foxing her. But this time I was not down with George's answer. 
                         " No offence toward Diana, but come on G.  Do you think that first level thinking is gonna cut it with Mistress Carol?  She's like  A " real master" , " I emphasize with finger quotes. " She'd see that play a mile down the road." and we laughed, Diana laughing slowest.  Silent crunches of deep thinking and sips of contemplation.


                           You cannot possibly imagine how difficult it turns out to leave a flaw.  I polished the silver tea set in the dinning room, tried to leave a spot un done but it kept getting marred up, or buffed up oh I don't know. I set them back on the serving board with the flaws hidden from view.
George Left weeds in one of the plots of the front garden and Diana burnt dinner. 
 After MsC was home, George and I set the table incorrectly, and Diana was feeling brave enough to put a hair in the mashed potatoes.  We thought we dun good enough. MsC's eyes where amused, and she concealed her judgements from us, and we dared not ask.  By TV time we where feeling deflated, obviously we didn't get it right or she would have said something. Oh shit, I rolled my eyes as the television clicked off and Mistress' presence shined.

                     " You have not understood this week's exercise, children. There will not be television this evening.  We will do nothing, put your yarn down, young lady. " They looked at each other.
"What part of everything did you not understand?"    Diana moans "but  Mistress, how do you mess up the food?  I can't like, leave a dirty spot on each fork, or put sugar instead of salt. "
"You can learn to not over-correct.  A flaw, one error or oversight.   Seems you all went quite far in elaborating in schemes.  Jerry, why did you hide the flaws?" She looked at me.
 
                   "Just because it is flawed , doesn't mean it has to be put out front, Does it, Mistress?"
"Hum, But the exercise is not about that. You don't need to be a smart ass.  We have already had a few lessons about what hiding things does for you. How could you imagine that my lesson for you would be to hide what you are ashamed of?  You will stand in the corner until dismissal." And my stomach dropped as I mutely complied.

                  She let the air hang a heavy blanket a while as George sweated his verdict.  Being last was not always the most pleasant. "Why didn't you leave all the weeds?" 

"I am afraid Reformer that is because I was being ficsious.  Why do we garden? Except to remove flaws. "  He answered and she grinned. "Then you have given me the wrong answer George. You should have taken the day off instead.
"knowing you Reformer that would have still be the wrong answer." 
"Well you can bet it will be the wrong answer tomorrow, George.  Tell me why you told Diana about your career training?"  Diana gasped, and crossed her arms.
"I- ..Reformer, thought that, it would be harmless. What happens in the house stays in the house, right?"  George pandered.  MsC took a slow moment to process, and grin.
                           "I am growing less accepting of your arrogance George.  Bragging and pride are your weakness. You wanted adulation's from Diana to give you charge. But I mean to teach you that your drive must come form a stronger place. You are not reformed George, but you are very close.   And you are at the mere door frame of becoming a Reformer in training, above all else, Special Ops is a secretive thing. Already you want to blow your cover, if you catch my meaning. I mean to teach you that your cover must be deeper. Your reactions and plays far more stable and congruent. But first let us deal with your pride and bragging.  " I could feel George's spirit shrink into the couch as she tore into him another 20 minits concerning the requirements of his career.  She finally began to conclude.
                         "I know I have seemed abusive George, but you must be able to keep your mission thru all ordeals in order to trap the perp. You will have to assume personalities and identities to work your craft and protect the prisoners without giving yourself away at all.  Are you quite certain that you envy this employment?"
                        "I do Reformer."
                        "We will come to see about that shortly." She responded. "My punishment for you is that all your discipline will be public, and you will overcome yourself thru humilities. Since you want to let your buddies in on all the cool stuff, let us begin your training early.  I am sure Diana will love to see it.  You may sit for this evening but tomorrow you will not be allowed to have your head above my knees."
                         " So be it Reformer."

And there passed evening,  and there was silence, it had been Monday.
                                              



                        
                        


                            








                            

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you Reader, thou art promoted to commentor. let's conversate.