Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How many readers have i got?

I sometimes wonder. But ya know don't want get all egotistical.

But I do. I have a little ego trip. Which got me to thinking, what is the difference between an ego trip and simply enjoying your life? To find intrigue and connection with this living moment. Which can be as meaningful and as purposeful as you pay mind to make it.

Anyway. I am rather scatterbrained tonight. I think i am going to list out some talking points and babble periodically.

My talking points are ego-pleasure, democracy and government ideas, But first....

How many readers do I have? I tried to install one of those digital counters, but i am entirely inept with the computer funky mojo. See, if i had a disciple that read my blog he could to all that techno stuff for me.

My gawd I am an arrogant punk, or was I putting on a facade'?

Anyway, I think that guy, John Luftus removed my requested blog archive navigation tool to spite me for writing a negative and unstudied book review for his book. Then later I made *public* my stark and uneducated disagreement with much of his psyche.

Or maybe I am just creating mental drama...ida know.

And now for the politics....

I used to fantasise about being Queen of another kind of world. And I tried to write the constitution of her government, but well....... it would have been illegal to draft such a document with out a fair discussion and vote.

So I could only draft ideas. I have no testing ability nor education of social psychology to determine of my ideas are good ones or bad ones. But ....I like them and in MY world they work....

I do believe in eye for an eye. Something equal to something same. I think that things like trials should really be personal ...if lady justice is truly blind then mercy can be given.

There is the law, and there is circumstance. There is no such thing as zero tolerance.
Nature doesn't know zero tolerance. Therefore such a standard of purity cannot exist.

I would like to say I believe in the death penalty but I am not decided. I mean how much of that choice is made according to disgust of the human being? One's repulsion to the "sin" should not be used as a measuring stick for fair punishment.

I am reminded of a line form Hannibal Lecter. He said, that we are a backward people. Neither savage nor wise. Any reasonable civilisation would have either killed him or put him to good use. And I am sure we could, he was a brilliant mind.

Imagine if Hannibal could become part of the Justice system for the criminally insane. If his payment for a job fairly and well done as a prosecutor or a judge or what ever....was the guilty?

IMAGINE that?
whew......

darn it... I guess you wont be immigrating to my country now.. look that idea isn't set in stone it was just a thought. I will be happy to hear from my royal court.

I also believe that law that directly effect's the public should be voted upon by the public for and again after a six to twelve month trial run.

I think that is democratic. I believe that is a government for the people , by the people.

I was toying with an idea to stagger the election of the royal court...(Parliament, congress, group of advisers and law makers and Representatives of their states etc)

I was thinking a Monarch may reign for ten years and not exceed 3 terms. But I wanted the court to be elected every five years, but had not coinciderd if I should limit their terms. Need input ya know. It is tough trying to plot a government. Esp a fair one.

I would keep alot , if not word for word , of our American constitution. That stuff about balance of power, only triangulate it to the Monarch, the Court, and the Public.

I kinda believe in corporeal punishment.

One of my old , perhaps childish idea's, in the fantasy was instead of prisons many misdemeanors and habitual criminals would serve a term of indenture in the home of a skilled reformer. This can range from civil service like trash pick up, to being sent to a Reform or Military School. And to be shipped off to a Reformer's home.

Much like my story below, which I know needs some major editing and redraft work. I will do it when I have time.

But see the more I study my humanity the more I can understand that pain, even well poised and proper justice pain does not really work. One develops a fear of punishment, or a challenge to defy attitude.
YET, if people here raised in a society of honer and goodness then pain would serve the purpose intended.
Anyway still, a reformer need not resort to pain. He is to serve as a counselor and for behaviour modification. But not abuse.

I would enforce stricter punishment on abusers who have reformer's licenses then I would common parents who abuse.

anyway....

Why a monarch you ask? Why not a president that has a ten year term? Because of pomp an circumstance maybe. The idea of nobility and nostalgia perhaps, or simple ego-vanity?
I want to imply that He or She has absolute power. Yet she may also be impeached.
I have toyed with the idea that impeachment, is for those who commit treason against the people and the penalty is death.

But could I trust a blind and television brainwashed unreading mob of our current population with that kind of power and choice?

No. This government and society are for the higher evolved.

I think if I was Queen I would treat my country like it was my beloved family. Yet I would still have the final word. And I would carefully listen and argue and accept argument and even scold and reject upon my gut feeling or judgment right or wrong.
Just like it would be in real life.

But could I trust my lazy uneducated emotional nut like myself with the decision and control of people's lives? Ahhh therefore I have an elected court.

And I think that a five year switch up of the court would give a fresh look into what ever issues I would be discussing with them. It would control the yes men as well.

I would have universal health care, defiantly. At first I think I would like my country to become self sufficient, then begin trade. Let us become stable, un-dependant and un-indebted to another.

I like what Japan did way back when. Close the borders. We have to learn to be a country.

*dang, i hope the thought police aren't going to flag me for that slice of freedom. Don't matter I only have like five readers...no revolution there*

I kinda believe in mandatory Military service. I think there should be a minimum two year enlistment of all ages 18-21. Somewhere in my old notes I drafted an enlistment plan for those with children and other mitigating factors.

I was thinking I liked the idea of the military being the police, and firemen, and paramedics.
But it sounds very fascist-like. I just like royal guards, royal police....so forth and so on.

I think there would be prisons, I hope I never send anyone there...... maybe murders who don't rate the death penalty, or habitual rapists, or habitual law-breakers, serious crime. Ya know, like black market, loan sharks, and bad lawyers.

But these prisons would have to be inmate run. They grow food, they have to make their clothing, if they want an education, they have to go to the library. If they want to live they have to work together. But they are not trusted to live within society again.

I am not sure if I am talking about a banishment or a controlled banishment...should their be guards and counselors or just managed self sufficiency, fear pain punishment stuff. I don't know.

Sheesh I hope we immigrate in some decent human beings so I wont ever have to deal with these complications. ESP before I get me a royal court to help deliberate.

Sheesh these are hypothetical situations.....

I think I would legalise pot and also use it as a resource.

Some people might wonder about my abortion stand. That is not something that I can rule over. It simply is a person's choice. And I would rather it be a safe choice. Yet my heart is torn. I would like to recognise it as murder of a life. Perhaps one who chooses abortion should be regulated to only have one living child. Or if I wanted to be harsh, sterilize them... but I think that would be my emotions not wisdom.

Some people might like a hypothetical. How would I solve this financial crisis?

*the young Queen runs away, dragging a dusty train of blue behind her*












2 comments:

  1. nice blog . . .saw you in buddhism room . . . i wonder if you can use google analytics with blogger to find out how many readers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the info, but i dont know about the fine print. there must be another way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Reader, thou art promoted to commentor. let's conversate.